Previously, I wrote the Recode Daily morning newsletter. You can find my author page, with the rest of my work, here. I helped launch and coordinate the editorial end of our podcast network, Recode Radio. I was also interviewed a few times on the NPR program Here and Now, BBC Radio and elsewhere about my work.
Here are some clips that I think reflect the kind of work I did at Recode:
- One of the companies I cover regularly is Airbnb. I've written about alleged purges of Airbnb listings, its political organizing operations and the company's regulatory battles in New York City and San Francisco.
- Reported several pieces on panel cancellations at SXSW 2016 about online harassment. Published scoopson SXSW organizers' plans, and covered media companies that threatened to pull out of the eventaltogether.
- A series of stories about executive change and turmoil at Gawker Media.
- Attended and wrote up the 2016 Crunchies Awards, which was stupid and fun.
- Visited Las Vegas and wrote about shooting ranges and smart guns during CES 2016.
- Broke story of Verge co-founder and ex-Bloomberg digital chief Joshua Topolsky's efforts to raise money for a new media startup.
- Revealed that Reddit's engineering lead had left the company, followed up with another scoop on the site's head of community leaving as well.